Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Morning Moments with God- Day 32

               Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 32: The DOUBLE healing

Please read the Bible verse for today:
Matthew 8: 14-17

Jesus Heals Many

14 When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. 15 He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him.
16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.17 This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
"He took up our infirmities
and bore our diseases."
Jesus entered Peter's house! The King of kings and the Lord of lords went into Peter's house! (It makes we want to pray right now. Jesus, you are welcome  to come into my home. Jesus, come into my home and stay. Be with me and my family and never leave. In Jesus' name, Amen). 
Jesus sees Peter's mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever, He touches her and she is healed. It doesn't say that anyone asked Jesus to heal her. He just did it. His compassion on all of us is never ending. But the part that I love is, as soon as she is healed "she got up and began to wait on him." (Matthew 8:15) I thought about when I have had a fever how completely miserable I feel, sometimes even after the fever leaves. So, I went a head and looked up on WebMD for what their definition of a fever is- here is the definition: "A fever--also known as a high fever or a high temperature--is not by itself an illness. It's usually a symptom of an underlying condition, most often an infection." Peter's mother-in-law had some infection-something that was causing the fever. Jesus didn't just heal the fever, but whatever was causing the fever too! She was made wholly perfect, so much in fact that, 'she got and began to wait on him.' 
I believe that Jesus always does a double healing, even when it looks like He is performing one. He healed the fever, but he also healed the infection within her that was causing the fever. For me, I believe whenever Jesus has healed my child from sickness, or my husband or myself, I cry in seeing His mercy and compassion within my own home. My faith deepens. My heart is healed from doubt. Or whenever Jesus heals my heart from a recent wound or hurt, I find that He also goes ahead and heals a hurt from my past at the same time. Sometimes we see the double healing right away and sometimes it takes time, but a touch from Jesus is powerful and reaches down into more than the one miracle.
In verses 16-17, Jesus healed the demon-possessed, and drove out the spirits, and healed ALL the sick! Two things are coming to me: 1) It specifically says He healed them, "with a word." Jesus SPOKE the healing for all these people! The creator, who SPOKE everything into being, SPOKE healing too! (In the first few verses of Matthew Jesus TOUCHED the leper). Jesus' words are powerful. 2) He healed everyone, no matter what sickness, disease or demon that had them captive. Think about being healed from a illness. What would the double healing be? Maybe, faith in Jesus, belief that God cares about your pain, God knows your suffering- He knows you. What about if after you were healed and you saw the crowd being healed? What about the effect on your family seeing you healed? Would it restore the relationships within your home? Maybe some of them became disciples of Jesus after this. I wasn't there, but I am sure that more than physical healing was happening that night.
Pray with me:
Jesus, come. Come into my life, come into my home. Be Lord of it all. Jesus, come and heal me. Heal my body. Heal my mind. Heal my heart. Come and do it all. Come and strengthen my faith. Come and change me. Come and let others see YOU in my life. Wash me clean and make me whole. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment