Friday, February 17, 2017

Book of Matthew: Morning Moments with God, Day 25

Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 25: Ask, Seek, Knock- it's that Simple

Please read the Bible verses for the day
Matthew 7: 7-12

Ask, Seek, Knock
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This Scripture will forever be my favorite: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7) Many years ago, when I was just eighteen years old, I was lost. I had left the Catholic church. I felt all alone in my own family. I hated my life and had often thought of suicide. I was perfectly and in every way, lost. I read Matthew 7:7, and my life has been forever changed. My story is up on YouTube- it's not even ten minutes long- check it out:



I love the common sense of the Bible- "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" (Matthew 7:11) Basically, if you, out of the love that is in your heart desire to give good gifts to your child, how much more, God, who IS love, wants to give us good gifts! I LOVE it!!! It makes total sense. He made us and has a good plan, not a bad plan, for us. We can trust Him to have our best interest at heart. 

Pray with me:
Father, THANK YOU!!! Thank you for loving me waaaay more than my dad on this earth! Thank you for having good gifts for me. Thank you for who you are- the God of love! Help me to trust you. Help me to ask for help from you. Help me to seek you and your Word. Help me to knock and knock and knock- to pray and pray and pray. I want to know you more. I want to trust you more. I love you, my Heavenly daddy. In Jesus' name, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment