Thursday, April 6, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 59

                                   Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 59: Salvation Through Jesus

Please read the Bible verse for today:
Matthew 13:36-43

The Parable of the Weeds is in Matthew 13:24-30. 

The Parable of the Weeds Explained

36 Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.” (Matthew 13:36) 
Jesus spoke in parables and many did not understand the meaning of His stories-not even His disciples. But here we see that the disciples followed Jesus and asked Him to explain the parable. When we read the Word of God and do not understand what we are reading, we need to ask Him to explain it to us. I remember in my early walk with Jesus I would read and read and my eyes would glaze over. I remember not understanding why this was the Bible and not just a really good story book. Jesus doesn't want that for us. Every Word in the Bible is for our understanding and growth. He wants us to come to Him and ask "What does this mean?" He wants us to be Baptized in Holy Spirit so we can have the wisdom we need to understand spiritual things. 
37 He answered, The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.38 The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, 39 and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.
40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear. (Matthew 13:37-43) 
This is serious stuff and should not be taken lightly. Those who believe in Jesus will go to heaven and be with Jesus for all eternity. Those who do not believe in Jesus, and do not turn from their sinful ways will go, "...into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." If you are reading this and hear this, it is the truth. You may know Jesus and think, "Well, I'm going to heaven." But what about all those around you that do not know Jesus? What about them? We have an opportunity each day to share the Gospel with the lost. Are we doing all we can to spread the Gospel? 

Pray with me:
Dear Lord Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God. So now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

If you would like to know more about how to become a follower of Jesus:
Steps to Peace with God

No comments:

Post a Comment