Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 57

                              Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 57: It's Going to be Okay-God is with us!

Please read the Bible verse for today:
Matthew 13:24-30

The Parable of the Weeds

24 Jesus told them another parable: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’
28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.
“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’
29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”

Yesterday we read about, 'Parable of the Sower.' In that parable we learn that the Sower plants seeds in four different places: the rocky ground, the thorns, the path, and on good soil. It told us that the seed represented the Word of God- the Gospel, and the different ground sources were our hearts. Some receive the Word and some do not. In today's parable we read about how the seed is planted in good soil, that's us, but in the night the enemy planted weeds, that could be temptations or people who reject Christ, among the good seed. The farmer told his servants not to pull out the weeds, or you might pull the good wheat along with it. The weeds and the wheat had to grow side by side until harvest. Then the weeds would be pulled and burned, those who do not accept Christ will be sent to hell, while the wheat is brought into the barn, those who accept Christ will be brought to heaven. 

This parable is so true to life. I am a Christian, the wheat, but I live in this world and am surrounded by many who do not believe in Jesus. I am growing side by side with the world and plain evil. Just because I am a Christian doesn't mean my life will be or has been free from hardships or temptations or evil. Many people ask why does God allow the evil in my life? It says it right here. The enemy plants the evil, not God. But God says, there will be a day of judgement where the evil will be burned, or in other words, will be cast into hell. We live in a fallen world, and fallen things are going to happen. I have not had an easy Christian walk. In 1991, after I received Jesus into my heart, I fell into evil-a cult. In 2000 my baby was born with the umbilical cord around his neck and was born blue. We didn't know if there was brain damage-there was not. In 2002, my baby was born with CCAM- a lung disease, who had surgery at three days old and almost died. In 2006 my parents and sisters disowned me for life. I lost my parents, four sisters, fifteen nieces and nephews. This happened fifteen years after the cult that they disowned me- fifteen years of trying to bring reconciliation and yet I lost them anyway. In 2008 my baby was delivered by emergency c-section. He had a true-knot in his umbilical cord and we almost lost him. I cannot begin to list the heartache I have endured in the church alone. People who I thought were my sisters and brothers in Christ hurt me deeply. My point? The Christian walk is not devoid of hardship, trial, tears, and pain. The Christian walk has it all, but the choice is ours to go the way of evil or stay strong in Christ. We will always have to make that decision. There were many times I could have walked away from following Jesus, but in the times of trial I ran to Him, not away from Him. Jesus will be with us through our trials and bring miracles! bring healing! bring growth! bring wisdom! In the Christian walk we have Jesus on our side to help us battle through the evils of this world. We are not alone. And on the day of judgement we will see Him face to face in heaven. 

Pray with me:
Father, thank you for your Word of comfort. Thank you for telling us plainly that we are surrounded by evil each day, that you have a plan, and we are yours. Thank you that even though we will see and know evil in this world, we are not alone-You are with us. Thank you for hearing my cries when I am and have been hurt and thank you for bringing me through so many trials. Thank you that I am yours and I will be in heaven with you for all eternity. Help me, Lord, to call out to you in my trials. Help me to draw closer to you. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment