Monday, May 1, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 76 (Matthew 18)

                                     Image result for Book of Matthew
Day 76: Who is the Greatest?

Please read the Bible verses for today:
Matthew 18:1-5

The Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven

18 "At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” (Matthew 18:1)

Stop a minute and think? WHO is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? Is it the President of the United States? Billy Graham? Missionaries? Pastors? Dads? Moms? Who? Who would you say is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? Hold that thought and listen for the answer as it flows out of the next verses.
2 "He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." (Matthew 18:2-4)

Answer: anyone can be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven- even me. How?
1- "...unless you change..." First step is that you have to realize that you are not perfect and need to change. That alone can be a huge thought or stumbling block for some people. 
2- "...become like little children..." Does that not blow your mind?! Our parents told us to grow up. (I even tell my children to grow up). The world tells us to grow up. But the Lord tells us to be like children. To be like children in our faith. To trust Him infinitely, just like a child. 
3- "And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." 

Remember: 4 "Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:4) "...WHOEVER..." that means you and me. If we decide to take a lowly and humble position of a child we can be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. It is a choice. Your choice. My choice. Will be decide to 1) change and 2) become like a little child? It's up to you.

Pray with me:
Dear Jesus, thank you that you allow anyone into the kingdom of heaven. Thank you that the requirements are simple. Thank you that 'I' can enter. Thank you for making a way for me. Jesus, I humble myself before you now and and ask you to change me. Make me like a little child. Help me to trust you, believe in you, and follow you. I want to know you more. Forgive me for my pride. I love you, Lord. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment