Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 82


                         Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 83 He Calls Me to Come

Please read the Bible verses for today:
Matthew 19:13-15

The Little Children and Jesus

13 "Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them." (Matthew 19:13)
That would have been me. I can see myself making all my kids shower and dress nice and then packing them up and taking them to see and meet Jesus. I know I would be thinking, 'I need to get to Jesus and have Him touch each one of my children and speak into their lives.' I am a mom who wants more, much more, for my children than I ever had. I want more for them in their spiritual and natural life. I would travel even today if Jesus was walking on this earth to bring them to Him. I intercede for my children every day. I bring them before the Heavenly throne of God in prayer and pray for their hearts, minds, and life. I'm that momma. So, with all good intentions of bringing my children to Jesus, to hear that the disciples rebuked them, hurts my heart. 
14 Jesus said, Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there. (Matthew 19:14-15)

On Sunday we had a guest speaker preach. He shared from the book of John, chapter five, 19 "Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed." Here Jesus says, let the little children come- that is the heart of the Father too. The Father told Jesus to allow the children to come to Him and Jesus did. In everything we see Jesus do, we can be assured it is what the Father would want also. And in Matthew 18:2-4,  Jesus says, Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me." Jesus and the Father beckon us to come. We are His children. He does not send us away. He calls us to come, even us adults, for we are His children if we believe in Him. 

Allow yourself to hear Jesus and the Father say, "Come." See Jesus. See the Father. Go to them. Sit in their presence. Hear what He will say to you. Be healed.

Pray with me:
Jesus, Father, thank you for calling me, your child, to come to you. Thank you that you call me and do not send me away. Thank you that you love me and want me to know it. Thank you that your heart loves me. Thank you that in your presence there is healing, there is peace. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment