Saturday, February 14, 2015

13 Presents-13th Birthday, for my Daughter!

 A few years ago I wrote,
"13 Birthday-13 Presents."
It was an article where I put together thirteen presents
for my niece, whereby each gift correlated with the Scripture
that I wanted to use to speak into her life.
Well, it's MY daughter's turn!

Before I begin I just want to take a moment and say
that thirteen presents can be purchased at a dollar store
or with the coupons, or throughout the year to save money.
It doesn't have to be an expensive, overwhelming project.
My husband and I know our daughter loves art and crafts.
We bought everything you will see over a year's time
using 50% off coupons. It can be done =)

Present #1:
  "How beautiful on the mountains
    are the feet of those who bring good news,
who proclaim peace,
    who bring good tidings,
    who proclaim salvation,
who say to Zion,
    “Your God reigns!”(Isaiah 52:7)

I love this Scripture.
I want to impress on my daughter's heart
that every step she takes can be used as an
 opportunity to share the Love of Jesus with others.
I bought her, her favorite kind of socks!
 
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...

Present #2: 
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
(Proverbs 31:30)
In her teenage years and beyond
I want to remind her that
God loves her, not for her beauty, but for who she is.
Wearing make-up and doing her nails is innocent fun,
but to always remember what is more important -
 her relationship with Jesus.
We got her nail polish.
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...
 
Present #3:
 "But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives
 in Christ’s triumphal procession and
uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere."
(2 Corinthians 2:14)
 
Our walk with Jesus should be a beautiful aroma to all those around us.
People should want to be near us because
they can 'smell' the love of Jesus on us
and want to know Him for themselves.
We bought her body lotion and body sprays.
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...
 
Present #4:
"Gracious words are a honeycomb,
    sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
(Proverbs 16:24)
 
My daughter LOVES and I mean LOVES Candy!
And as much as I want her to be 'sweet' for Jesus,
I really want to remind her that as that candy touches her tongue
and she tastes it's sweetness,
allow the Holy Spirit to touch her tongue and make it sweet.
Don't use your tongue to tease, or to hurt people with mean words.
We bought her lollipops and angel chocolates.
 Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...

Present #5:
"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
 and it will be given to you." (James 1:5) 
 
One thing that I wanted to remind her or encourage her about is having a teachable heart. So many times, throughout my life, I was too insecure (prideful) to listen to a word of correction. Sometimes I was too afraid of change and wouldn't allow myself to be taught. Having a teachable heart is so important. God has placed certain people in our lives that He wants to use for our good. My heart is to encourage her to be teachable all throughout her life,
so, I bought her a chalk board
(I think she will decorate and design it herself).
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...

Present #6:
"But Jesus called the children to him and said,
“Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
(Luke 18:16)
I know my daughter is growing up and wants to be an adult,
but I want to remind her to stay a 'child' in her faith.
We bought her a penguin (her favorite animal) child's bowl
and a penguin cookie.
 Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...
 
Present #7:
"If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness."
(1 John 1:9)

My daughter has just begun her life- she is going to make mistakes. The important thing I would like her to remember is that Christ died for us and has taken our sins away. We need only confess our sin and we are forgiven . I want her to know that in Christ there are no regrets. I want her to remember to not allow her past sin to hold her back from moving forward with God.
We bought her a huge eraser.

"Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."
(Isaiah 1:18)
God makes us white as snow-
We also bought her 'white out.'

 
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...
 

 


Present #8:
 "In the same way, let your light shine before others,
that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
(Matthew 5:16)
My daughter is an artist.
When I found this 'sparkle set' I knew it would be the perfect
gift to go with this Scripture and something she would love!
As she creates and designs her art
and it 'shines' or glitters
remember to give God the glory for all He has done in your heart
and in talents.
We bought her a Sparkle Kit.
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...

Present #9:
"This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2
 “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says:
‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you. "
(Jeremiah 30:1-2)
 
My daughter loves to write...
Write letters, creative stories and
children's books!
But I also want her to begin writing down
or journaling the things the Lord is speaking to her heart.
I want to encourage her to begin
doing creative Bible Scriptures or journal writings.
We bought her gel pens.
Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it... 
 
 
 
Present #10:
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart,
 as working for the Lord, not for human masters,"
(Colossians 3:23)
 
With all of my daughters gifts or talents
I want to remind her to do it all, with a full heart,
for God and not to impress friends, or family.


My daughter loves to dance.
She has been asked to be a part of a
fine arts competition in Maryland.
We have prayed about it, but have not told
her that we are allowing her to go.
Her gift is a certificate saying that
it is paid for and we give our consent for her to perform
in the competition.


 
 
Present #11:
"For just as each of us has one body with many members,
and these members do not all have the same function, 5
 so in Christ we, though many, form one body,
and each member belongs to all the others."
(Romans 12:4-5)
My daughter has been blessed with many gifts-
no pride here-God has done it, not me.
We bought this art set for her to remind her that
she is part of the body of Christ and to use her gifts
 to help the body, not just for herself.
We bought her a complete art set.

 
 
 
Present #12:

I thought to give her a new Bible, but when I asked her about her current one she expressed a deep and true love for it. Her father and I bought it for her when she was turning ten years old and she cannot part with it. So, that left me to look for a devotional. I found this one.

 The Scripture I used is found in Luke 11:28 (NIV)
"He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the Word of God and obey it."

I pray, as the world tries to pull her every which way, that her feet will be grounded in her love for Jesus and more importantly, His love for her.
 
Present #13:
"My son, keep your father’s command
    and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
21 Bind them always on your heart;
    fasten them around your neck.
22 When you walk, they will guide you;
    when you sleep, they will watch over you;
    when you awake, they will speak to you.
23 For this command is a lamp,
    this teaching is a light,
and correction and instruction
    are the way to life,"
(Proverbs 6:20-23)

I knew I wanted to get her a necklace to match this Scripture.
When I found this one I was so excited.
It has one birthstone for each month.
I thought she could place her birthstone inside the heart
along with mine and her father's.
I want her to remember that we are always here for her
and that although there will be many views, or  beliefs in the world
that will try to pull her away from God,
to remember there is only One True God, Jesus Christ.

 Here it is wrapped with the Scripture posted to it...
 
She was one thankful girl...
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Michelle!
    Us 'older' moms need to share with younger moms any wisdom the Lord has graciously given us- God inspires me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and so meaningful. The words would speak to her throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Amazing, and thoughtful gift ideas to go with the scriptures!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete