Thursday, February 5, 2015

Little House on the Prairie:Chapter 6


In chapter six we read how Pa used
the canvas, of their wagon cover,
as a temporary roof for their house.
 Here is the house with a ruler next to it.
Some of you have asked, "How BIG is the house?"
Well, it's pretty big!
It fits the paper dolls quite nicely.

We took time to write
about what a wonderful blessing Mr. Edwards
was to the Ingals family. We also wrote all the details
in building a log cabin.


For fun, I bought pretzel logs for the kids
 so they could individually make their own log cabin.
We used chocolate to hold all the 'logs' together!
They loved it!
 



I can't express how very happy
 I am that we are studying the Little House series.
We are all learning so much and at the same time
having such a great time.
I won't lie and say that it doesn't come with much
work on my part, it does, but it has been so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment