Thursday, May 4, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 79

Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 79: Freedom

Please read the Bible verses for today:
Matthew 18:15-20

Dealing With Sin in the Church

15 If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’ 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector." (Matthew 18:15-17)
Confrontation. Confrontation is a word that gives me a pit in my stomach. In my house growing up if anyone wanted to confront you on what you did wrong, it ended up being a three hour long drawn out session of a family member telling you everything you ever did that hurt them. You could apologize, but that didn't matter- they would just keep hashing out every offense and you had to sit and listen to it. It was horrible. Jesus tells us, if someone sins, "go and point out their fault." One fault. The issue at hand, not everything they have ever done. Confront the person as it happens. Go to the person alone the first time to avoid gossip. Don't go around telling everyone what the person did, go directly to that person and tell them. If they do not listen, then take one or two more people to go with you. With Jesus, I love how there is always a right way to do things and a proper order.  
18 “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” (Matthew 18:18-20)

It's funny, I have always remembered verse twenty, but somehow, (most likely my doubting faith) I have forgotten verse 19. “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven." I am praying and fasting for a few friends this week. I will claim this Scripture for their healing! Jesus, I come in agreement with my friends for the healing of Kelly, Amy, Lea, Jason, Debbie, and Andrea! We pray for their bodies to be washed cleaned from their diseases and to be made 100% whole! Lord, we cry out to you for their healing. May you be glorified! May they have opportunity after opportunity to share and shout their healing to many in your Name! Use their healing to bring many to salvation! Jesus, set my friends free! I love them dearly. In Jesus' Precious and Holy Name, Amen.

Pray with me:
Jesus, thank you that you call me to confront one another in a manner that is pure and free from gossip. Help me to obey you in all areas of my life. Jesus, I thank you too for your Word. Thank you that you hear my cries for my friends and you will set them free! Thank you that your heart is tender and compassionate. Thank you for the power of prayer in your name. I love you. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment