Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 53

                             Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 53: The Unforgivable Sin

Please read the Bible verse for today:
Matthew 12: 29-38

After reading Matthew 12: 22-28 and writing about it, it seemed to play over and over in my mind. I kept thinking about the demon-possessed man who was blind and mute. I thought about how he didn't have 'little faith,'but how he had no faith to believe Jesus would heal him because he was demon possessed. I thought about how he couldn't ask Jesus for healing because he was mute. And I thought about how he couldn't see Jesus because he was blind- but I also thought about how his blindness also summed up his spiritual life. He couldn't see Jesus spiritually or physically. I thought about how this man's healing had nothing whatsoever to do with his own faith or walk with God. His healing was one-hundred percent on Jesus. Jesus gets all the glory for this man's healing. Then I started to think about all the miracles in my life. The difference between me and this demon-possessed man is that I have asked Jesus to be Lord of my life and I actually asked for healing, but as far as my faith...I wonder how much I truly believed Jesus would perform a miracle for me. What I'm trying to say is, Jesus gets all the glory for any good thing in my life. I didn't and haven't deserved a thing, but Jesus wanted it for me and because of that, I have been blessed with miracle after miracle in my life. 

The other thought I had was, because this demon-possessed, blind and mute man could neither see Jesus, ask Jesus for healing or believe for his own healing, it must have been more obvious to the pharisees WHO Jesus was/is. The Pharisees witnessed this miracle and yet hardened their hearts towards Jesus. The pharisees, the very men who were to lead the Jewish people in faith and to look for the coming Messiah, chose not to believe. This is huge. Not only do we know that they began plotting Jesus' death, but because they did not believe, many of their followers would not believe. Jesus began rebuking the Pharisees in Matthew 12: 25-28 and he continues in today's reading; Matthew 12:29-36. 

29 “Or again, how can anyone enter a strong man’s house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man? Then he can plunder his house.
30 “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. 31 And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come. (Matthew 12:29-32) Here Jesus continues to spell it out very plainly to the Pharisees- 'if you are not with me, you are against me'- if you are not with God, than you are against God.
Matthew 12:31-32 is specially a hard verse for me to read because it brings back a time in which I was involved in a cult. The leaders of the cult claimed to be Christians, who were sold out for Jesus, and held the very truth I needed to continue my new walk with Jesus. As I began to see flaws in their doctrine, I was told that I, 'spoke against the Holy Spirit and will never be forgiven for it.' They opened the Bible to this passage and told me that I had committed the one sin that could never be forgiven. I was told that I was going to hell. The more they spoke about 'my sin' the more they contrived a reason to murder me. They said that because I committed the worse sin named in the Bible, I must be from Satan himself. They couldn't have Satan in among them for I could begin placing curses on them and steal one of the members for myself. That was reason enough for them, the leaders and my own mother and sisters, to bind my hands and feet and tie a pillow case around my head. They beat me until they thought I was almost dead. They dumped me out onto the street and left me there. God had been with me through it all and has put my feet on solid ground, but it became my quest to understand this Scripture after my horrifying experience. 

Jesus was/is part of the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. The Pharisees were speaking against the Spirit of the Trinity. It was by God's Spirit that Jesus healed the demon-possessed, blind, mute man, but the Pharisees said Jesus was the devil, and the devil healed him. Speaking against the Spirit of God is, I believe, not believing that Jesus is the Son of God, not believing that HE is Lord of the Heavens and the earth, not believing that He died and rose again for our sins. I believe in Jesus and I did even when I was a part of the cult, but of course in a cult they wanted me to stop believing in Jesus and worship them. They knew that, that was never going to happen, so they plotted to kill me. They knew the Word of God and twisted it for their own use. I believe they accused me of the very sin in their own lives.
33 “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34 You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. 35 A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. 37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:33-38)  

Pray with me: 
Jesus I believe you are the Son of God. I believe you died on the cross to take my punishment of sin and you rose again to give us the promise of eternal life with you in heaven. Jesus, I believe. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

To read more, go to 'Mommy Life' and read the articles about my autobiography. Here is one: A Night of Beatings and I Never Felt a Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment