Thursday, March 23, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 49

                                   Image result for Book of Matthew

Day 49: HE is Lord of Heaven and Earth

Please read the Bible verse for today:
Matthew 11: 25-28

The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do." (Matthew 11:25-26)
"At that time..." 'that time' is just after Jesus rebuked the crowd for their hard hearts, and unrepentant ways found in the previous verses. After Jesus rebukes them, He prays. Whenever I need to 'rebuke' or speak to my child for doing something wrong, I'm not happy and rarely think to pray at that moment. Everything Jesus does is a lesson. I need to pray more in the midst of disciplining my child/children. 

So now, let's look at what Jesus prayed. "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth..." Jesus begins, as we all should, praising the Father. A moment to remember Who God is and His sovereignty. (It says in my commentary, that the words "The Lord of heaven and earth" is only found three times in the Bible.") Jesus than says that God has hidden 'these things,' the revelation of Jesus revealed through the miracles He performs, from the wise, but revealed it to children or those who are humble. It is God, the Father, Lord of heaven and earth, pleasure to reveal and conceal certain things and we need to accept that. We may not always understand why God does what He does, but HE is God. HE is sovereign. HE knows what is best.
27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." (Matthew 11:27) I believe Jesus' words are very clear. The Father and Son know each other and all the mysteries of each other, but we do not and will not unless Jesus reveals Himself to us. 
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30) We may not understand or know everything about the Father or the Son, Jesus Christ, but here we get a glimpse. Jesus tells us directly about who He is. HE will give us rest. HE will give us a lighter load to carry. HE will teach us. HE is gentle and humble in heart. We will find rest for our souls in HIM. HIS burden to carry is easy and light. 

Pray with me:
Father I praise you for you are Lord of heaven and earth. You are sovereign. You know all things and I trust you. I humble myself to your will. Give me a heart of humility to serve you completely. Jesus, I come to you for I am weary and burdened. I need your rest. I take your burden in exchange for mine. Help me to carry only what you ask me to. I give you my anxiety and worries. I love you with all my heart. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment