Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dutch Baby Pancakes

1cup all-purpose flour
1t. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
1/3 c. butter
4 eggs
1c. milk
(Makes four servings)

(For my family of eight I need to double this recipe and I use a 13x9 pan. If you don't need to double it, you can use a 8x8 or 9x9 pan).

Place 1/3c. butter (I use 1/4c.butter) in your pan and set it in a 425-degree oven until butter melts. Whisk together the eggs and milk; stir in dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, and sugar) blending thoroughly. (We love cinnamon so I use 3t.) Remove pan from oven and pour batter in. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Serve with maple syrup.

1 comment:

  1. We tried this today (single recipe, baked in a cast iron skillet) and it was delicious! Thanks for posting your recipes...hope to see more of them! :)

    ReplyDelete