Thursday, September 27, 2012

Children's Pillowcases!


A few Christmas' ago I remember seeing 
 personalized pillow cases for $24 each.
As darling as they were
I, at the time had four children, and was unwilling to spend
$96 on pillow cases just because it had my child's name on it.
So, I ventured out into the unknown-
personalizing and painting pillow cases myself. 
I bought white pillow cases and fabric paint markers.
(That was the easy part).

I have tried to fill my children's room
with Scriptures and a thought came to me-
'How about Scriptures on their pillow cases?'
I studied different Scriptures that I wanted for each child.

I found one Scripture that I wanted  
at the top of each pillow case:

"I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD
make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:8)

The pictures that I uploaded to the blog are
actually the pillow cases I made more recently for my
dear friend's children. 


This pillow case was for my friend's son Logan.

The Scripture I chose for his pillow case says:

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified...
for the Lord you God goes with you,
He will never leave you nor forsake you." 
(Deuteronomy 31:6)

As for the pictures I drew onto the pilllow cases

I had searched the internet them. 
(I could not draw the kind of ideas I had in my head-
so, I googled 'cartoon pics of knights,' princesses, etc).




I made this next pillow case for her daughter Alexis. 



I didn't just put their name on the pillow,
I put,
"God Loves You, Alexis!" 


I was looking for a picture of a little girl sleeping 
and I found it in a Christian Board book I own.
This particular book means alot to my children and I
and when I saw it 
 I just knew I had to copy it for this pillow case.

I would show you the pillow cases I made for my own children,
but I failed to take pictures of the cases when they were new.
Now the cases are worn out and stained-
not much to look at.
But they have memorized their scriptures, 
and hate when I have to wash them!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, I was looking for a way to make scripture pillow cases with my Middle School small group! I think this is more personal and fun instead of ordering pre-made ones, also less money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad =D I hope it goes well for you and the kids!

      Delete