Sunday, September 6, 2015

Best Cheese Ball

I found this 'French Quarter Cheese' or what I consider the best cheese ball recipe in the 'Very Virginia' cook book. I use it for any holiday or get together where a cheese ball is requested! The recipe, not changed in any way, is below:
  • 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 garlic clove, minced, (I use two, but I'm Italian!)
  • 1 tablespoon grated onion, 
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
1.Combine cream cheese, garlic, and onion with a fork. Shape into 6 x 1 inch disk, place on serving plate and refrigerate.
2.Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan, heating until butter melts.
3.Cover chilled cheese with nut mixture. Wrap and chill. Serve at room temperature with crackers.

Yield:10-12 servings. (I always double this recipe because it is such a hit!)

Okay, so I took this recipe one step further. My daughter LOVES hedge hogs, so we had a hedgie birthday party. I found a picture of a cheese ball hedge hog on Pinterest, but used my recipe instead of the one offered.

How awesome is this cheese ball?!


No comments:

Post a Comment