Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let it SNOW!

 This is an Ellie Original!
While baking one day, and having little ones running a muck
 in, around and through my legs I came up with GENIUS!
INDOOR SNOW.
(Any time, all year round and especially when 
you have A-LOT of cooking or baking to do ;)

This is all you need:
-A couple of trays, 
-a large ziplock bag filled with cars, trucks, trains (you name it)
-and a container of flour.

Easy enough to store-right?


Here are my trays.
You can find them in any gardening section of local stores.


Here is my bag of cars and stuff.
(I had the same bag of cars, trucks, trains, little men etc. for years.
They only come out to play with the 'snow.'



Then, open the container filled with flour,


dump into the trays annnnnd...




Let them PLAY!!!




I have at times put on their "Adventures in Odyssey' cds, books on tape, or
 Bible songs for their listening pleasure.
Most of the time I keep the room quiet so they are free to imagine!






You can even give them 
MARSHMALLOWS
and allow them to build 'snowmen!'
(My sister-in-law came up with that!)



So, there you have it!
An amazing time of play- using the good, old noggin'
 to come up with very clever stories.

***Just a note of warning:
 Be prepared for your child to get some flour on the table, the floor and themselves, but what is that compared to a great time, and mommy getting some much needed quiet to get the cooking done?!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! All of my children have loved playing in the 'snow' year after year.

      Delete