Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The 4th of July!


The 4th of July or Independence Day 
should be a special day for all Americans to celebrate,
but to us it means even more.
My grandfather-in-law was born on July 1st and he 
is a Veteran. I have never met anyone who loves America more.
So, we celebrate his birthday each year on Independence day.

This year I made:
the traditional apple pie,


his favorite birthday cake,


cupcakes for the children- (I found the idea on Pinterest),


and red, white and blue chocolate dipped strawberries,
also found on Pinterest. 



For decorations-
(and I love decorations)
I had flags, balloons, twinkle lights, and banners! 



This year Pop-Pop got the chance to celebrate his birthday
with my new little niece!
Her birthday is July 1st too!



Pop- Pop played Southern tunes and American favorites,
on the guitar and lead all of us in song!


I believe he felt special.
I love him so dearly!


No comments:

Post a Comment