Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Morning Moments with God: Day 97

                               Image result for Book of Matthew
Day 97: Jesus Wins, Again!

Please read the Bible verses for today:
Matthew 22:34-40

The Greatest Commandment

34 "Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
I LOVE JESUS!!! He silenced the Sadducees!!! I can just hear the angels in heaven giving a play-by-play of the teachers of the law fighting against Jesus. 'The Sadducees were down for the count! But low and behold the Pharisees are up! And they think they are ready to take on Jesus. They are coming at Jesus with everything they have. They have the one and only question that will baffle Jesus, and trap Him so they would be justified in arresting Him. Here it is: "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" And what will Jesus respond???'
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
'And Jesus wins the fight!!!' The crowd goes wild!!! The Pharisees have lost by another huge defeat. The only question left is, will they be prideful enough to challenge Jesus again?! 
But seriously, when will the Sadducees and Pharisees realize that they will never trap or trick or outsmart Jesus? We know the answer- never! Because their scheme to kill Jesus was already ordained and planned by God the Father and Jesus had submitted Himself to the Father's will.  

A revelation, about the Sadducees and Pharisees, I am having for the first time about the teachers of the law at the time of Jesus were bullies. They waited around for Jesus to come by, they stood in the crowd, they thought up ways to try and trick and trap Him, they were a presence of powerful authority, and they looked for ways to kill Him. Jesus knows what it is like to be followed around and harassed by bullies. He understands our fear. He also understands our fear of 'Holy' authority or 'Holy' bullies. People in the church that use their power against us. He understands our fear. 
Pray with me:
Jesus, thank you for your constant love for the Sadducees and Pharisees. Thank you that you spoke the truth to them without fear. Thank you that you are with me and will help me to stand up to the bullies in my life and even the lies from the enemy with confidence and wisdom. Thank you for being my hero. Thank you for giving me hope that I can be more and more like you. Help me to Love you with all my heart, and with all my soul and with all my mind AND to love my neighbor as myself. Forgive me for not loving you and my neighbor as I should. Forgive me for guarding my heart. Help me to trust you more and more. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment