Thursday, April 21, 2011

What Do I Love???

What do I love? It's funny, but there are so many things I love. I love my Lord. I love the Word of God. I love my husband and children- (that's easy) I love teaching: teaching children, and adults. I love teaching the Bible too. I love sewing. I love making crafts (like making hair bows for my girls, making candles, designing piggy banks and pillow cases..pretty much anything I can learn to do) and being creative. I love designing my kids rooms and painting special canvas' for them. I love, love, love planning their birthday parties- making the cookies and cake to match the theme. I love turning my house into a home even if that means cleaning it day and night until its done. I love children. I love working with teens. I love being a part of a women's ministry. I  love my friends. I even love mowing the lawn and raking leaves because it's a sense of accomplishment and the house looks transformed when its done. Now, mind you, I'm not really good at any one thing, but I really do love it all.

I say "it's funny" that I love so many things because well, honestly, I guess with certain things that have happened in my life maybe I should be angry, resentful, unforgiving and bitter, but since I know Jesus, know his love, I love. Does that sound preachy? Does it sound untrue or religious? Well, I'm sorry to say it, but it's the truth. I had no hope until I found Him. I had no reason to live. I had no love because I didn't know love. That probably sounds corny, I don't mean to, it's just that until I met Jesus at age eighteen I was so lost and hopeless. Life was hard. Not that everything in my life went roses after that, actually some of the worse years of my life were after I met Jesus, but all the bad stuff happened to me on the outside,Jesus was on the inside and that was good.

This blog is not going to be all about me and Jesus, maybe it is, I just wanted a place to be me- to be real-to be optimistic when I want to -even when things are crazy around me. I want to say I love something without feeling judged. Isn't it crazy? I have felt judged just because I'm happy when people think I shouldn't be. (I'm not happy all the time-my husband can tell you-so can my children for that matter). Anyway, that's it. I'm just trying to be a girl...me...who loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment