Friday, July 14, 2017

Morning Moments with God:Day 125

                              Image result for Book of Matthew
Day 125: No More Doubts
Please read the Bible verses for today:
Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted." (Matthew 28:16-17)
Some saw Jesus and believed, while others doubted. It is hard for me to believe that anyone could have doubted Jesus being risen from the dead when they saw Him die and then saw Him alive, but it happened and it is a word for us. Jesus can handle our doubts, and our questions. If He could handle the disciples doubts, how much more compassion does He have for us who have never seen Him! In Luke chapter 24:40-43 it says: 40" When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet. 41 And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43 and he took it and ate it in their presence." Jesus allowed them to poke Him, touch Him and watch Him eat so there would be no room for doubt. Jesus wants us to have no doubts. Do not be afraid to talk to Jesus, to pray and lay out all your doubts and fears. He will answer you and bring peace to your mind and heart. 
It also says in Luke 24:45  "45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures." We can try and understand the Scriptures, but without Jesus' or Holy Spirit's help our minds our closed. I often pray, while reading the Scriptures, for my mind to be open to what God would have me understand or how He wants me to use what I am reading for my own life and He is always faithful. 
 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matthew 18-20) 
Pray with me:
Jesus, I have learned so much more of who you are on this long journey of reading the Book of Matthew. I have learned how compassionate and loving you always are, even in the midst of being bullied and hated by man. I have seen how much you love me as I witnessed through the Scriptures how you loved others and how you gave your life for me so I can live. You are the Messiah. You are the Son of God risen from the dead and alive in Heaven. You are my God and I love you always. I pray that you open my mind to the Scriptures that I may learn more of you and learn what you have for me. I pray, Holy Spirit, for your baptism to fall on me and awaken in me a compassion for the lost and a boldness to spread the Good News of Jesus. I love you with all my heart. Make me more like you. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment