Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Studying Philippians, Final Day

Philippians 4:14-23

"Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid again and again when I was in need. Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for what may be credited to your account. I have received full payment and even more; I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To Our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (4:14-20)  There is no doubt in my mind that the people in the church of Philipi had servant hearts. They saw the Paul's need and met it. No questions asked. No fame. No glory. They were serving from a grateful and concerned heart for Paul. What is amazing to me is they gave, "again and again." We hear in church, "...a one time gift offering." It's easier for us to give once and forget. To be asked to give again and again would require too much time, effort and money, but not for the Philippians. They gave and gave. They didn't forget that Paul was in need. And what's amazing is that they didn't expect anything back. Paul sees their heart and blesses them, " And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To Our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (4:20)  When we give, when we hear God leading us to give, we will be blessed.

Final Greetings
"Greet all the saints in Christ Jesus. The brothers who are with me send greetings. All the saints send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen." (4:22-23) 

I've learned so much and been reminded of much since reading the Book of Philippians. My take-away is: Be a SERVANT, 'Do everything without complaining or arguing,' Think on what is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable and praisewotthy, Be CONTENT. Rejoice always and remember, "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Today's Prayer:
Father, thank you for your Word. Thank you that you have preserved it all these years for me to read and know you. Thank you for all the lessons I have learned. Help me to never forget them. Keep working in my heart and make me more like you. I love you, Lord Jesus. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment