Monday, September 8, 2014

"Go Me!"



A friend posted this on facebook. I had to copy it and share...

"Go US!" 
#motherhood

There was a time in my life when I was sewing dresses, making amazing birthday parties for my children, keeping up house, and heading up ministries, but that time appears to be long gone.

Now, I am proud of myself when I have completed a day of home school, fed my family, and the house is fairly clean. (And I might not have gotten a shower that day!) 'Go Me!' 

My life has always looked different than my friends and that used to bother me. I used to want to fit in, and be accepted by my peers. But no matter what I did or tried, I never really did. I also remember a time when I felt incomplete, or unworthy, a sloth basically, if I did not accomplish something great each week. It was rough for me to look back at the end of the day and see that I had only changed fifteen diapers, fed babies, cleaned up after them and made dinner. It felt so useless. Very, not important. So, I made myself get busier. I taught myself how to sew. I made dollhouses. I began baking wonderful creations. I was the director of Vacation Bible School. I basically made myself exhausted, but somehow I felt better about myself.

I am now done with all that striving. Done with trying to 'fit in.' 

The phrase, 'Go me!' totally cracks me up, but I am at a place in my life where, "Go me!" is a totally serious phrase. I am living my life as the Lord is calling me, as best as I can. I don't know that I perfectly hear Him or His will each day, but I am really trying my best-so, 'Go me!' 

God is calling us each to walk with Him and I'm seeing that we're not all on the same path. He has made each one of us different- with different talents, abilities, strengthens, and weaknesses. (Romans 12:4-5) He knows what is best for us and our families.

I am so content with waking up, teaching my children, cooking, cleaning and going to bed. I feel totally satisfied with my life. There is no more trying to prove to myself, or others, that I've done a lot today. I've learned it doesn't matter if I do a lot or a little as long as I've heard the Lord's voice telling me which direction to go and obey it. The satisfaction I feel now is that I'm in His will.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this Scripture:

"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21)

1 comment:

  1. You are a good gift! Most of us moms are grateful to just make it through each day with everyone still alive and mostly smiling! :) I think with age and experience comes the confidence that we are ALL doing the best we can and all we can do is encourage ourselves and each other!

    ReplyDelete