Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Despicable Me" Party!

Despicable Me 2 came out in theaters this past summer and my twins loved it. 
So, with that, it became the theme for their birthday this year. 
I personally was quite excited because
 it would be only the second time since their first birthday that they 'shared' the same theme! 
Now to the planning!

This year we had a quieter friends party at the house.
The plan was to have dinner together,
have a worship and prayer time for the twins,
cake and presents (of course)
and lastly, watch Despicable Me altogether.

The night was planned now for the decorations!
First for the sign.
I was going to make my usual Happy Birthday sign,
but then I thought of this:


Each 'minion' is different.
Some have hair, some don't,
some have one eye, others have two,
and I had to make different facial expressions too!





I cannot tell you how many times my twins thanked me for this!

Then I found on Pinterest the Minion cupcakes!
My girls HAD to help me assemble them! 
Here they are:


Not perfect, but they couldn't have been happier.



Sooooooo happy!


Then came the family party on Sunday. 
The twins asked for ONE cake-a minion cake...


but I surprised my daughter with her own cake- an Agnes cake!


I am by NO means a cake decorator,
but they are always so happy when I try!

Okay, so that's all the fun stuff,
now for the part of their birthday that I really want to share with you.
My twins turned 9 years old- to me this is a memorable birthday.
It is the last year of their entire life where they will be ONE- DIGIT old.

Next year they will be 10
 and from there on out they will be steadily growing up and maturing.
So over the last year I have worked on a special photo album for them.
I had to find old pictures from 35mm film and have recopied,
dig up old cds and go through them, develop them in duplicate,
and put them all in chronological order! 
It really has taken me a year!






I also wanted  album itself to be special.
I got a Lenox photo album that has a Noah's Ark on the cover.
When I was pregnant with the twins I had painted  Noah's Ark
and many, many animals on their walls.
(The Twins Room-that is when they were babies)
The story of Noah and His obedience to the Lord will
always remind me of God's promise to us.
I made this special gift for my twins to help them to not
only see how much I love them, but how very much
God loves them!


No comments:

Post a Comment