Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Art for Littles!


This is my first summer doing
"Arts for Littles" Camp! 

The art of littles ones getting the chance to paint
with tempera, on a large easel and smock
seems to be lost.

Teachers and moms have explained to me that 
"It's too messy."
Not only do I remember painting in Kindergarten, (and loving it)
but it is an important part of Pre-Schoolers development.
Painting is a must =) 
Thus, a camp for little children to learn and paint and have fun!


Day 1: Sponge painting!
I used all sorts of sponges. 
and found the "Poached Egg" plate at the dollar store!


I LOVE storing and using paint in squeeze bottles.
I store the red and yellow paint in these ketchup and mustard containers!


My "Littles" excited for the day to begin!


This week we are studying and learning the books illustrated by Eric Carle.
 I read, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?"
 We learned about Primary Colors!
The kids were fascinated!


"Red Bird, Red Bird, What Do you see?"



 "Blue Horse, Blue Horse, what do you see?"


"Yellow Duck, Yellow Duck, What do you see?"



I bought a container from the Dollar store,
 drilled four holes in the cover and VOILA! 
A safe place to clean out your paint brush!


A perfect day!

Day 2

We learned our Secondary Colors
Green Frog, Purple Cat, Orange Fish!





Then we began working on our surprise gift
to our moms and dads!
A small thank you for "Art for Littles!"




Lots of painting go on over here!
AND we LOVE it!


DAY 3

We learned our Tertiary colors!-
through the book,
"Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, Said the Sloth,
by Eric Carle


We had to paint all the parts of the sloth,
cut them out and 'collage' them together!




We 'combed' the paint to give it the sloth hair! -
just like Eric Carle.







DAY 4

Can I just say...
I LOVE TEACHING CHILDREN!!! =)


How great is this????
How amazing is my life?!!!!
I get to read fantastic literature to children...

teach them how to paint...




and get to see the wonder in their eyes!
I have the best job EVER!



 So, today we learned all about 'Straw' Painting!
The kids loved it!



Then they were given the options of
painting with brushes, sponges or straws for their
other masterpieces!






I could (and did) kiss each and every little face!
I'm just so proud of my littles =)

DAY 5

Today we read,
The Foolish Tortoise, by Eric Carle



Then I taught them how to 
MARBLE PAINT! 
They were so excited.



We 'marble' painted the shell of the Foolish Tortoise
and 'sponge' painted the body.



Then each child can choose other animals
from the book to either, sponge, marble or brush paint.


Here are my Littles!


Each child received a portfolio
filled with all their paintings from the week!

Each child also painted a wooden basket and 4 magnets
for their parents.
A little thank you to their mom and dad for sending them
to "Art for Littles" Camp!



My "Primary Colors" Horse!

"Mommy, wouldn't Eric Carle be proud of me?!"

I'm proud of them all!
They did such a great job!
I can't wait for next year =)

No comments:

Post a Comment